Study Tour Internship
Internships have now been filled.
OPPORTUNITY TO BE PART OF THE 2017 IRAN STUDY TOUR
The AIIA Victoria is pleased to offer the opportunity to apply for a place as an Intern on the Iran Study Tour. The study tour runs 8th April 2017 and 25th April.
Iran is one of the most exciting places in the world now. Sanctions have held back the country for years. Things are now changing.
It has a fantastic history going back thousands of years. We will visit many of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
We will be briefed by our Embassy on arrival and are now organising meetings with Universities, Think Tanks and others.
Benefits of participating as an intern on this Study Tour:
• Significant time with experienced and interested AIIA members
• A chance to meet Iranians from many different areas
• Significant subsidy for the selected applicant in development of leadership and broadening understanding of international relations
• Chance to continue the skills and networking gained during the tour, with work for the YPF for the remainder of 2017
• Experience of a lifetime!
AIIA Victoria has funds to subsidize up to a maximum of two (2) interns but is not obliged to provide two places. This will be based on the suitability of applications received.
Costs of the Study Tour
Please note that you may be required to share accommodation.
You will be required to pay a small amount of the total cost. You will also have to pay for other incidentals such as lunches and presents.
You would also be required to have your own travel insurance.
You will need to be available to travel between 8th April 2017 and 25th April 2017 and will need a current Australian passport.
The activities that you will be undertaking will include:
1. Additional logistical support on the ground in the event of meeting cancellation or other changes. These activities would be at the direction of the Tour Leader & Tour Coordinator.
2. Correspondence to thank all meeting organizers upon return from the trip.
3. Report to be submitted to Council within 21 days return to Australia.
4. Logistical support for 2 YPF events upon return to AIIA for the remainder of 2017.
Anticipated start date for the Internship is mid-January, 2017. POSITIONS ARE NOW FILLED.
Please make your application by December 19th, 2016. Your application should include:
1. A cover letter consisting of:
• a brief statement of how your experience would assist in the role;
• a brief statement of your goals/motivation in undertaking an Internship with AIIA Victoria
2. A response to the questions as outlined here: AIIAV 2017 Study Tour Internship for Iran 2017 – application questions
3. A resume outlining educational qualifications and any work experience, plus email contact details of two referees. The resume should be no longer than two pages.
Contact Patrick Moore