The President and Council of AIIA Victoria oversee the running of the Institute. The role of the Membership Intern is to support the Council in developing, communicating and implementing an effective strategy to manage and increase engagement with the membership.
Position Title: Membership Intern
Position remuneration: This is a work experience position. There is no remuneration allocated to this position.
Internship duration: 6 months (any change with agreement of both parties)
Start date: Position currently filled
Hours: 10 – 15 hours per week, including some evenings
Reporting to: Council Member responsible for Membership, AIIA Victoria
To make the registration and renewal of Memberships more user-friendly for both the Members and the AIIA.
To engage more with the Membership.
• Work with the membership database for useful data extraction
• Assess the online membership system and recommend any changes
• Communicate with members on renewals and new registrations
• Report on member movements to the relevant Council member
• Develop appropriate activities for improved membership engagement
• Assisting with other administrative support upon request
• Strong time management & planning skills
• Knowledge of business software
• Ability to work autonomously
• Interest in international relations issues
Interns will meet at least once per month with the allocated Council Member to assess performance and receive feedback. Should performance be assessed as sub-optimal and fail to improve after an opportunity to rectify performance, the AIIA reserves the right to terminate the incumbent’s occupation of the Internship, effective immediately.
Work can be conducted both at home and at the AIIAV office in East Melbourne. The successful applicant will be required to use his or her own laptop. The exact hours and location of work will be determined once the successful applicant has been selected. These may vary depending on requirements at different stages of the Internship.
Other benefits: AIIAV Event attendance
Interns are encouraged and welcome to attend standard events free of charge, and each Intern is given a year’s free Membership following the successful completion of the Internship.
The internship is currently filled but enquiries are welcome to: email@example.com