Applications now closed
The Australian Institute of International Affairs Victoria (AIIAV) Council has specific Council Members responsible for the marketing of the Institute. The role of the Marketing/Communications Intern is to support these Councillors in developing, delivering and implementing a combination of promotional marketing materials, membership engagement and revenue driving strategies, which will provide improved effectiveness measured through event participation and reach in the wider community.
This will involve information gathering market research, copy writing, support for the creation and maintenance of a high quality online presence and delivery of communication strategies for specific groups. Superior written communication skills and the ability to work with a range of media is important.
Position Title: Marketing/Communications Intern
Position remuneration: This is a work experience position. There is no remuneration allocated to this position.
Internship duration: 6 months (any change with agreement of both parties)
Start date: Mid-late February 2017
Hours: 15 – 20 hours per week, including some evenings
Manager: Council Member, AIIAV Marketing Committee. The Intern liaises with the Executive Officer and Program Intern as required.
The position requires a person with the ability to improve the promotion of the organisation’s events, and to increase brand awareness and brand positioning through effective marketing and communication strategies both online and offline.
- Assist with the implementation of strategies to uplift our online capacity, particularly to increase engagement with the website, social media, site visitations and newsletter subscriptions
- Manage and drive website content through regular copy updates and basic SEO
- Manage the email marketing program including copywriting, designing and finalising email templates, researching material and database management
- Review and develop interest groups list for targeted follow-up as each event is published on the AIIAV website
- Undertake copywriting for the website (AIIAV pages only); email; brochures; presentation pack; and flyers (for special events)
- Develop monthly newsletter (layout and content)
- Develop press releases for major events
- Assisting with other administrative support upon request and other marketing activities as required
- Sound knowledge of public relations and the online space
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Knowledge of international relations issues
Interns will meet once per month with the allocated Council member to assess performance and receive feedback.
Should performance be advised as sub-optimal and fail to improve after an opportunity to rectify performance, AIIAV reserves the right to terminate the incumbent’s occupation of the Internship, effective immediately.
Work can be conducted at both home and at the AIIAV office in East Melbourne. The successful applicant will be required to use his or her own laptop. The exact hours and location of work will be determined once the successful candidate has been selected. These may vary depending on requirements at different stages of the internship.
Interns are encouraged and welcome to attend standard events free of charge, and each Intern is given a year’s free Membership following the successful completion of the Internship.
Applications now closed
General enquiries are welcome to: email@example.com