The Charteris Library is a small, specialized collection of books and papers located at the the Glover Cottages at 124 Kent Street, Sydney. . All are available for reference to current AIIA NSW members. Donations and/or financial assistance are welcomed to enable the Charteris Library to expand its services.
All current AIIA NSW members may access the Charteris Library. A booklist and possible online reference system are currently under development and are available in our online catalog.
The Charteris Library has benefited from substantial donations, both financial and academic, that have added to the current collection. Many donated texts in the Charteris Library collection were authored by past and current members of the AIIA. The Library is named after Professor A. H. Charteris, the founding father and first president of the N.S.W Branch 1924-29.
From 1935-71 permanent office and library space was acquired by the AIIA, housed at the Bank of New South Wales office at 369 George Street, Sydney. Before this the library had been housed in the university office of Professor MacDonald Holmes and contained all of the collection. From 1971-80 17 Renny Street, Paddington was the home of the N.S.W branch until the subsequent move in 1980 to the current premises at the Glover Cottages, 124 Kent Street, Sydney. The library, recently named the Charteris Library, has been steadily growing and expanding since its relocation from Paddington to Milsons Point.
See our national list of publications and policy commentaries.