- Date 01 Oct 2018Time 17:45 – 19:00Location Dyason House, 124 Jolimont Rd, East Melbourne
Notice of Annual General Meeting.
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the members of the Australian Institute of International Affairs Victoria, ABN 42 727 001 279, (the Institute) will be held at 124 Jolimont Road, East Melbourne VIC 3002 on Monday 1 October 2018 at 5.45pm
Ordinary businessMore >
- Date 10 Oct 2018Time 18:00 – 19:30Location Dyason House
Speaker: Dr Ian Fry.
The world is dividing into new alliances, with the Western Bloc becoming increasingly fragmented as other groupings emerge. As a result, the US-led hegemonic system that favours the West is dissolving and its authority declining.
- Date 16 Oct 2018Time 18:00 – 19:30Location Dyason House
Speaker: Dr Dara Conduit.
The Syrian civil war has descended into a brutal, entrenched conflict after emerging in 2011 from the Arab Spring protests. Numerous developments and power shifts have occurred since, with the Assad regime regaining a strong position after its apparently imminent earlier demise.More >
- Date 22 Oct 2018Time 18:00 – 20:00Location Dyason House
AIIA Victoria's Young Professionals Forum (YPF), The Monash Masters of International Relations Student Association (MISRA) and The University of Melbourne Postgraduate International Relations Organisation (MPIRO) are joining forces to bring you Tomorrow’s Research Today. All are welcome!
Six individuals will be chosen, three from each group, to present their research from their respective Masters of International Relations research project.
- A 300-word pitch of your thesis, including the title;
- Full name, university, (expected) thesis completion date
- Date 23 Oct 2018Time 18:30 – 22:30Location The Australian Club Melbourne
Oration delivered by: The Hon. Dr Brendan Nelson AO.
AIIA Victoria has pleasure in inviting you to a convivial evening at the Australian Club. Come and meet old and new friends, mingle with diplomats, veterans and members of the international community in Melbourne, and continue the tradition of acknowledging the contribution of Sir Zelman Cowen.
Centenary of Armistice: Honouring Service and Leadership
- Cancellations made prior to close of business (5pm) on Wednesday 17 October can be refunded in full
- Due to venue catering and booking commitments, cancellations made after Wednesday 17 October cannot be refunded
- Date 14 Nov 2018Time 18:00 – 19:30Location Dyason House
Speaker: John Lyons.
The issues of the Middle East are central to the future of international affairs. Nowhere in the region are these complex challenges more evident than in Jerusalem.
From the convergence of age-old rivalries to renewed controversies such as the relocation of the US embassy, daily life in Jerusalem is a microcosm of global politics.More >